Intuit is a leading software provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks®, TurboTax® and Mint®, but that is just the start. We are currently going through a fundamental transformation to a global financial solutions and services company.
Come join the 'IDE Enterprise Data and Reporting (EDR)' as a 'Data Engineer'. EDR is building an enterprise business data platform in AWS and our mission is to support Intuit’s growth by enabling decision making through revolutionary data capabilities. As a EDR Data engineer, be working on cutting edge technologies to create world class data platform and data lakes providing enterprise data capabilities to rest of Intuit. This is the place to be if it is your passion to build highly scalable data solutions on cloud and push the boundaries of automation!
What you'll bring
- BE in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and distributed systems.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a software development role with a focus on data systems.
- Hands on experience on AWS (S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Athena, EMR, Kinesis Lambda etc)
- Hands-on experience on Big Data processing technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Python.
- Advanced SQL skills and experience developing data warehouse and data mart solutions.
- Hands-on experience working on Informatica ETL (traditional Power Center and Informatica Cloud) is a Plus
- History of contributing to open source projects is a plus.
How you will lead
- Design, implement and support efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data from a wide variety of data sources to our data warehouses/data lake
- Design and implement data aggregation, cleansing and reporting layers
- Work cross functionally with analysts, product managers and BU/FG teams to build systems for effective data exploration and consumption
- Work in an agile, SCRUM driven environment to deliver new, innovative products
- Ability to proactively follow issues through to resolution
- Contributes to innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole
- End to end engineering – design, development, testing, deployment and operations
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, adopt to business requirements using Agile methodologies and DevOps culture
- Team Player possessing strong analytical, problem solving, communication skills and be willing to share expertise with others