Job Description :IntroductionAt IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to atteJob Description
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Data Engineer, you will develop, maintain, evaluate and test big data solutions. You will be involved in the design of data solutions using Hadoop based technologies along with Python, Spark & hive programming.Responsibilities:Responsible to Ingest data from files, streams and databases. Process the data with Spark, Scala, Kafka, Hive and OozieDevelops Hadoop applications using Horton Works or other Hadoop distribution. Experienced with pulling data from various database systems, Network Elements and unstructured text from web, social media sites and other domain specific fileDevelop efficient software code for multiple use cases leveraging Spark and Big Data technologies for various use cases built on the platformProvide high operational excellence guaranteeing high availability and platform stabilityImplement scalable solutions to meet the ever-increasing data volumes, using big data/cloud technologies Apache Spark, Kafka, any Cloud computing etc.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Big Data technologies
- In-depth knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem, its various components, along with different tools including Spark, Hive, and Oozie along with Python
- Exposure to Greenplum database is mandatory along with hands-on work on Oozie
- Proficient in data wrangling and preparation using Python, SQL, Spark and experience in working large data sets.
- Validated analytical and problem-solving skills and implementing them in Big Data with your acquired Big Data Developer skills
- Expertise in data loading tools like Flume
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and work experience in Hibernate Query Language (HQL)
About Business Unit
- Expertise in Python or Spark programming
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.