Udacity Data Team is looking for a Data Engineer to help us to design and develop Udacity’s company-wide data solutions. The ideal candidate will be comfortable talking to data analysts, understand the data that power their products, generalize it and implement common fact tables across the company.
This is a high-impact opportunity and you’ll be a part of a team of highly talented Data Engineers, as well as Data Analysts and Data Scientists. The system you will be working on consists of a cloud-based data lake and is built completely on AWS using technologies such as Apache Spark, Airflow, Postgres and Redshift.Responsibilities
- Design and develop infrastructure and tools for our data system
- Work across multiple data analysts to brainstorm the data points behind their dashboard and generalize it in form of “fact stores”
- Build out the cloud-based data solution using technologies such as Spark and Airflow on AWS
- Work with stakeholders from other departments and successfully translate their requirements to engineering solutions
- Produce high quality readable code in an agile setting
You will receive:
- BS or MS in Computer Science , MIS or related degrees
- 3+ years of experience working in the software industry
- Solid understanding and experience practicing Agile software development methodologies such as test driven development
- Good understanding in the principles of building robust data processing pipeline and track record of putting them in practice
- Hands-on experience working with Apache Spark, AWS and relational databases
- Proficiency in Scala, Python and SQL
- Experience working with remote teams is a strong plus
- A competitive base salary
- Top-end bonus structure that rewards you for meeting and exceeding goals
- Pre-IPO stock options
- An amazing team to support your success and growth on the Udacity Data Team
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the dive of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religious, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.