We are looking for a candidate with a good ear and fast fingers to fill our opening as a medical transcriptionist in the medical records department.
Every day brings a different set of challenges in this quick-paced behind-the-scenes area of health care, and the right person should be able to work quickly and accurately in this supporting role by maintaining the highest quality medical records for the care and privacy of the public we serve. You’ll have the opportunity to train with the latest technology and strengthen your skills and understanding of medical vocabulary while providing a valuable service that helps both our medical staff and our patients. If you like to work independently and have a commitment to excellence, you may be the person we are looking for.
- Transcribe medical reports, summaries, office visit notes and other medical documents from recorded messages from health care providers
- Provide online copies of transcribed document to physicians or other providers for review and signature, making corrections or changes as noted
- Be familiar with proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure as well as medical jargon and abbreviations for accuracy
- Prepare correspondence, summaries, research and other administrative reports not directly related to patient care in order to assist medical team
- Work with transcription equipment that can include speech recognition equipment, word processing and computer software, medical references and other technologies
- Maintain strict adherence to patient confidentiality according to provider standards and government regulations
- Review transcription documents for quality assurance and precision to spot and correct any errors that could impact patient care and medical liability
- Create templates and enter data into electronic health record (EHR) systems for updated record keeping and archives
Job Skills & Qualifications Reqiured:
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency with EHR, Microsoft Office and speech recognition software
- Ability to type 90 WPM
- Certification in medical transcription (CMT)
- Previous experience in hospital or other health care setting