Data Researcher - ESGGrade
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is a brand new content set that is being added to the list of services we currently offer in S&P Global. ESG creates Value for our Clients; Value to Investors in mitigating risk of long term investments and Value to Corporates through long term financial performance. This batch will be focused on collecting broad range of ESG data through a variety of company and governmental sources, to provide users with an in-depth, multi-faceted view into the nature and strength of a company’s resistance to changes in ESG components, liaise with various critical stakeholders in understanding and building the content set.What’s in it for you?
This position is an excellent stepping stone to understand environmental, social and governance practices followed by companies that will allow you to gain a comprehensive understanding of how the companies are organized, directed and operated and create an impact in the long run. In addition, there are lot of learning and career opportunities as we are in the process of building the content setResponsibilities
What We Are Looking For
- Collection, Standardization and validation of data from various documents.
- Process data and apply it in an accurate manner to the database using technical and financial knowledge
- Deliver on pre-defined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and completion.
- Will work within parameters and with supervision to ensure quality and performance to set standards.
- Keeps up-to-date in knowledge of content sets. Builds industry knowledge by understanding industry trends and reporting standards
- Provides input and ideas for new collection methods and product improvements related to the covered content sets.
- Possess necessary skills to interpret documents like Articles, Bylaws and Prospectus of Companies, Sustainability reports, CSR Reports
- Should be willing to work in rotational shifts. Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment, while following flexible schedule to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skill (Written and Verbal) as it involves liaising with multiple stakeholders across regions
- Convenient taking initiative and demonstrating resourcefulness
- Strong attention to detail and persistent approach to work
- Strong quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills
- Agile mindset as it involves a lot of collaboration and coordination
Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Business Administration