Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India:IBM is global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we build. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How We engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation. Distinguishes us from other companies in the industry.IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive work environment — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Our Culture:IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status
Business Unit Introduction: The Chief Information Office (CIO) is a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business.
Who you are: As a Software Developer - Data Scientist, you will evaluate and improve products. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and analysts on a wide range of problems. This position will bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of measuring quality, improving consumer products, and understanding the behavior of end-users.
What you’ll do: As a Data Scientist,
- Work with large, complex datasets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop a comprehensive understanding of Google data structures and metrics, advocating for changes were needed for both products development and sales activity
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of user-facing products
How we’ll help you grow:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3+years’ of expertise in Data Science assignments
- Experience in Data modelling to optimize for performance based on access paths
- Solid hands on experience in Design, develop, and maintain pipelines that create search indexes out of data from large databases
- Proven expertise in writing complex SQL queries
- Excellent in Knowledge of data pre-processing steps uploading, creating master data set, extracting right data from external
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze requirements based on a given specification and come up with a sound and sustainable algorithmic design
- Proven knowledge in programming language Python (Pandas library) and R
- Able to guide a team of lesser experienced professionals
About Business Unit
- Willing to learn new technologies for driving the project
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals
- Ability to manage change with good time management and focus on strict deliverable with tight deadlines
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures),and global financing.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.