We are especially looking for applicants with a strong background in Analytics and Data mining (Web, Social and Big data),Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition, Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics, Statistical Modelling and Inferencing, Information Retrieval, Large Scale Distributed Systems and Cloud Computing, Econometrics and Quantitative Marketing, Applied Game Theory and Mechanism Design, Operations Research and Optimization, Human Computer Interaction and Information Visualization. Applicants with a background in other quantitative areas are also encouraged to apply. If you are passionate about research and developing innovative technologies of interest to Zycus and the research community at large, the BigData Experience Lab may be the right place for you.
All successful candidates are expected to dive deep into problem areas of Zycusâs interest and invent technology solutions to not only advance the current products, but also to generate new product options that can strategically advantage ZycusData Scientist will report to Director Engineering - Data Scientist & the roles & responsibilities are as below:
- Work as the data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systemsSkills
- Masterâs or Ph.D. in statistics, mathematics, or computer science
- Graduate/Post Graduate from Tier I institutes
- Experience using statistical computer languages such as R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience in statistical and data mining techniques, including generalized linear model/regression, random forest, boosting, trees, text mining, social network analysis
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques such as clustering, decision tree learning, and artificial neural networks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts, including regression, properties of distributions, and statistical tests
- 1- 10 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data.
Five Reasons Why You Should Join Zycus
- Cloud Product Company: We are a Cloud SaaS Company and our products are created by using the latest technologies like ML and AI. Our UI is in Angular JS and we are developing our mobile apps using React.
- A Market Leader: Zycus is recognized by Gartner (worldâs leading market research analyst) as a Leader in Procurement Software Suites.
- Move between Roles: We believe that change leads to growth and therefore we allow our employees to shift careers and move to different roles and functions within the organization
- Get a Global Exposure: You get to work and deal with our global customers.
- Create an Impact: Zycus gives you the environment to create an impact on the product and transform your ideas into reality. Even our junior engineers get the opportunity to work on different product features.