Job Description :Relocation Level:DomesticHiring Manager:Scott GatzemeierRecruiter:RAGHUNATH RAO PASUPULATYMicron Technologys vision is to transform how the world uses the information to enrich life, and our commitment to people, innovation, teJob Description
Hiring Manager:Scott Gatzemeier
Recruiter:RAGHUNATH RAO PASUPULATY
Micron Technologys vision is to transform how the world uses the information to enrich life, and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
Are you experienced in applying machine learning and statistical data analysis techniques to extract intelligence from large data sets?
We are seeking a Data Scientist capable of using machine learning and statistical techniques to build state-of-the-art data products (predictive analytics, prescriptive solutions, decision support, and decision automation data systems) using extensive and diverse Big Data sets from our technology development and manufacturing teams.
As a Data Science Engineer at Micron, you will employ techniques and theories drawn from areas of mathematics, statistics, semiconductor physics, materials science, and information technology to uncover patterns in data from which predictive models, actionable insights, and solutions can be developed.Qualifications
You will interact with experienced Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Business Areas Engineers, and UX teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis projects and improvement of existing tools. In this position, you will help develop software programs, algorithms and/or automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. There will be significant opportunities to perform exploratory and new solution development activities.
- Strong desire to grow a career as a Data Scientist in highly automated industrial manufacturing doing analysis and machine learning on terabytes and petabytes of diverse datasets.
- Experience in the areas: statistical modeling, feature extraction and analysis, supervised/unsupervised/semi-supervised learning. Exposure to the semiconductor industry is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to extract data from different databases via SQL and other query languages and applying data cleansing, outlier identification, and missing data techniques.
- Strong software development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with or desire to learn:
- Machine learning and other advanced analytical methods
- Fluency in Python and/or R
- pySpark and/or SparkR and/or SparklyR
- Hadoop (Hive, Spark, HBase)
- Teradata and/or another SQL databases
- Tensorflow, and/or other statistical software including scripting capability for automating analyses
- SSIS, ETL
- Experience working with time-series data, images, semi-supervised learning, and data with frequently changing distributions is a plus
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) is a plus
- Existing papers from CVPR, NIPS, ICML, KDD, and other key conferences are plus, but this is not a research position
B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science and Physics.
M.S. or Ph.D. with specialization in Data analytics, mathematics, Physics, Statistics, computer science.