Who You'll Work With
- Master's or PhD level in the field of computer science, machine learning, applied statistics, mathematics
- Experience in statistical modelling (e.g. correlation, regression, clustering, hypotheses testing) and machine learning techniques (e.g. NLP, Random Forest, Support Vector machines, Gradient Boosting, Naïve Bayes)
- Programming experience in the following languages R, Python, SQL
- Experience in leading complex engagements to deploy advanced analytics and data science methods at scale in real world organizations
- Exposure to tools like Excel, VBA, Alteryx, Tableau and Power BI would be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to clearly and effectively communicate complex analytical and technical content
- Strong critical thinking and ability to influence
- Collaborative team players, capable of working well with others but also autonomously with little direction
- Comfort with ambiguous and unstructured situations and fast changing situations, entrepreneurial
You will work in our McKinsey Knowledge Center in Gurgaon within the Wave Analytics and Benchmarking team.
You’ll join Wave in our Gurgaon hub. Wave is part of the McKinsey Transformation Practice.
McKinsey Transformation (MT) is a special unit of McKinsey that delivers a proven approach for transformational change to clients seeking radical and sustainable performance improvement. Over the last several years, we have worked with more than a hundred organizations around the world and across sectors. Most of our clients are driven by a desire to capture untapped potential; others face significant external challenges or industry discontinuities.
Large-scale change and transformation programs often finish without achieving the expected impact. Organizations lack transparency around goals, they are unable to monitor program status, and their employees can’t see the contributions of their day-to-day work.
Our Analytics and Benchmarking team provides analytics insights to consulting teams and clients across the globe. The team is composed of data scientists and data engineers who work across a variety of industries, functions and analytics methodologies and platforms – e.g. predictive analytics, natural language processing, data engineering, advanced statistics & machine learning.What You'll Do
You will work directly with our Client Service Teams globally and be a part of analytics focused engagements.
In this role, you will demonstrate depth of knowledge in using advanced statistics, optimization techniques and machine learning algorithms. You will work on various modelling assignments to derive actionable business insights and solve complex business problems in multi-disciplinary environments.
You will be responsible for presenting actionable results to client management and influence many of the recommendations our clients need to positively change their businesses and enhance performance of their transformation program. You will also be supporting knowledge development for the firm’s transformation consultancy group and help developing a roadmap for a greater understanding of analytics and its impact in the consulting population.
You will work closely with other data scientists, data engineers, product developers and other analytics focused consultants to integrate advanced analytics capabilities into the Wave product.
You’ll have the opportunity to gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the Firm. In addition, you’d also be expected to coach and mentor other colleagues on advanced analytics topics, enabling them to grow and learn.