Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds’ best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.Varian Oncology Software Solution (OSS) software engineers develop the next-generation cancer care solution which will dramatically improve outcomes for patients and improve the quality of cancer care by using cutting edge technologies and paradigms such as Cloud, Big Data, Analytics, Mobile. Our ambition is to leverage comprehensive, distributed data, requires ideas from every areas of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, mobile, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As Software Engineer you will develop software products in the area of Data Analytics. These products are fully developed at the Pune R&D Center and are used globally in hospitals and cancer centers. You will collaborate with other engineers and test engineers in an agile environment. Further, you will interact with other project team members as required.Responsibilities:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
- As a software engineer at Varian OSS, you will work on the latest technologies and apply them to improve the outcome for cancer care patients. You will be part of a team that defines and implements the next generation software solutions for Varian in the areas of coordinated care, collaboration, mobile devices, and analytics.
- Develop products and features, applications, and system bring-up for global users.
- Develop Industrial Internet type solutions on a variety of technologies and Platforms.
- Work closely with the lead architects to design and implement features based on best practices and best in class implementations.
- Deliver high quality software releases per roadmap for consumption by Varian’s product and program teams.
- Work with Varian’s customers, product managers and R&D teams to continuously identify opportunities for improvement of Varian’s enterprise software architecture.
- Ensure organizational compliance to Varian policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze verification and validation strategies, and drive towards reducing overlaps
- Define and publish metrics (Key Performance Indicators) that measures effectiveness of test practices.
- Deliver high quality software releases per roadmap for consumption by Varian's product and program teams
- Produce high quality software primarily using Power Bl, Power Bl Embedded, SQL Server and other t echnologies, if required.
- Working with business users to develop data visualizations, dashboards and reports using Power Bl.
- Responsible for the design, development and deployment of Matrices, Cross Tab, Charts, Dashboard and multi-dimensional reports.
- Using Power Bl features to design, develop and support Power Bl visualizations, analytical dashboards and highly interactive dashboards.
- Integrating Power Bl to SQL, CSV files, on premise gateway for sql server, Azure SQL, and building reporting and analytical dashboards
- Understand and implement System specification, application design and development, performance tuning and produce high quality deliverables.
- Do impact assessment, design, build test and deploy New and enhancements of Power Bl Dashboards.
- Troubleshooting the current issues and doing performance turning and should have sound knowledge on database concepts and complex queries.
- Troubleshoot product/component issues in a timely fashion without impacting customer expectation
- Resolve defects with good understanding of design and support root cause analysis as required
- Participate in estimation, coding, code review, design review and other activities as required for software development
- Produce development/design documents as required
- Provide effective code review comments in a timely manner
- Provide high confidence estimate of the deliverables based on the effort against the activities involved
- Collaborate effectively with every member of the team and others as required
- Learn new technologies to build and demonstrate high quality prototypes/POC as required
- Follow established processes and guidelines along with applicable procedures and work instructions
B.E., B.Tech. , MSc, MCA, Computer Science or related discipline.Experience (Years):
4-6 YearsTechnologies required
: Database: MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, PostgreSQL or equivalent Visualization: Power BI, Tableau or equivalent Skills
- Specialization in Visualization tools like Power BI
- Experience building and launching multi-tenant SaaS applications
- Unit testing, Test Driven Development
- Desired Frontend: Power BI