The Financial Planning group builds solutions and capabilities that enable financial advisors to deliver compliant and comprehensive financial advice so that their retail clients and investors meet their goals. The solutions leverage Morningstar’s extensive data and research capabilities across all stages of financial advice making the advice process compliant, efficient and effective.The Role
: The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance),executing data loads, and performing data modelling in support of multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.Responsibilities
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems. Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO),using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams