At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
responsible for developing solutions that excel at user experience, aesthetics, performance, reliability and scalability.
- Perform installation, configuration and upgradation of Database on all environment
- Implement distributed queuing on various platforms and clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks
- Work on triggering on both channel and application triggering by configuring channel initiators and trigger monitors
- Manage database objects like tablespace, user, table, Index, roles, privileges, profiles, DB Links, materialized views, partitioning, synonyms, sequences, views and indexes and other database objects etc
- Create physical/logical standby database and performing switch-over and fail-over
- SQL DBA will manage the day to day admin related work of the SQL databases, health checking and resolution of issues, upgrade database version, perform backup and recovery, reorg of databases, good understanding of different DR process, deep knowledge of ITIL process (Incident/Change/Problem)
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-5 Provide L1/L2 Support to database in large volumes.
- Experience in Databases to be taken care are SQL Server 2012 to 2019, MySQL, Azure Postgres, Azure SQL
- Proficient in Backup and Recoveries Maintenance jobs like index rebuilding, statistics updates.
- Experience in extensive use of native DR features Monitoring methodologies to make sure critical databases are available 24x7 throughout the year
- Solid troubleshooting experience of Database Engine issues, queries, performance and general health checks, Day to day operations, Audit Compliance, Deployments, Offshore
- Technology: SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Azure SQL
- Skills: -Installation (Cluster and Standalone),Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Backup and Recoveries, Monitoring, Auditing, DR
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications