At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Database Administrator, you are responsible for installation, configuration & managing database server and applying security patches & other Patches for upgrading versions of oracle database on different platforms.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Responsibilities
- Perform installation, configuration and upgradation of Database on all environment
- Implement distributed queuing on various platforms and clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks
- Work on triggering on both channel and application triggering by configuring channel initiators and trigger monitors
- Manage database objects like tablespace, user, table, Index, roles, privileges, profiles, DB Links, materialized views, partitioning, synonyms, sequences, views and indexes and other database objects etc
- Create physical/logical standby database and performing switch-over and fail-over
- Drive performance & tuning, monitoring the performance using tools .
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4 + years of experience is SQL DBA with the versions 2005/2008/2008R2/2012/2014/2016/2017
- Experience in installation, configuration and Patch upgradation administration on SQL Server
- Proficient in implementing and monitoring Log-Shipping as a high availability solution Ability to install, configure on SQL DBA Clustering and fix support packs on all OS platforms.
- Experience in configuring Reporting service for report data collection
- Demonstrated ability to implement High Availability, Work Load Management and Fail Over, Disaster recovery and performance tuning
- Expertise in debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool.
- Solid experience in implementing Always-On feature on SQL server
- Experience in Always on and Clustering is desirable
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications