We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Database Administrator, you are responsible for installation, Configuration & managing database server and applying security patches & other Patches for upgrading versions of oracle database on different platforms.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Responsibilities
- Perform installation, configuration and upgradation of Database on all environment
- Implement distributed queuing on various platforms and clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks
- Work on triggering and work on both channel and application triggering by configuring channel initiators and trigger monitors
- Manage database objects like tablespace, user, table, Index, roles, privileges, profiles, DB Links, materialized views, partitioning, synonyms, sequences, views and indexes and other database objects etc
- Create physical/logical standby database and performing switch-over and fail-over
- Drive performance & tuning, monitoring the performance using tools .
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 8 years’ total experience in IT Industry
- Experience in installation, configuration and upgradation administration on Windows and UNIX environments to support Oracle DB along with RAC, RMAN, Dataguard, Goldengate
- Proven expertise to build DBA Objects like Queue Managers, Queues and channels
- Ability to install, configure on ORACLE DBA Clustering and fix support packs on all OS platforms
- Demonstrated ability to implement High Availability, Work Load Management and Fail Over, Disaster recovery and performance tuning
- Expertise in debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool.
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications