At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Oracle DBA, you are responsible for daily monitoring , upgradation , maintenance of DBA” and other associated applications, bug fixes, troubleshooting problems and liasoning with SSO teams for application monitoring and maintenance.If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment to explore new opportunities every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
What will you do
- Responsible for installation, configuration & managing Oracle (9i/10g/11g) Database Server on different Platforms.
- Responsible to manage database objects like tablespace, user, table, Index, roles, privileges, profiles, DB Links, materialized views, partitioning, synonyms, sequences, views and indexes and other database objects etc
- Creating physical/logical standby database and performing switch-over and fail-over
- Drive performance & tuning, monitoring the performance using tools
How we’ll help you grow:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You can work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in core oracle database administration
- Experience in Oracle software installation, upgrades, patching, database creation & configuration
- Proven expertise to manage RMAN backup, restore and recovery, database performance trouble-shooting, fix and configurations
- Proficient in oracle multi-instance (RAC) installation, configuration & administration and Oracle database security (users, profiles, privs, roles etc)
- Demonstrated expertise in VLDB Database migration with TTS, DR build, RMAN restore, BCV backup, Fine tuning, DG, ASM
About Business Unit
- Preferably should have Oracle certifications.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- Any entrant or Professional skill on shell scripting, AIX, Linux.
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countriesLocation Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.