We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it’s important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it’s our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Database Administrator (Public Cloud) Amazon Web Services (AWS),you are responsible for installation, configuration and managing database server and applying security patches and other Patches for upgrading versions of oracle database on different platforms.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Responsible for Database Administration on production databases with Redshift, Oracle RDS, Mongo DB.
- Performance tuning with AWS, Requires proficiency in RMAN, Database Administration.
- Database manipulation (build new tables, modify existing tables, craft new indexes, create/ modify schema, role, privileges, data files and table space and other DB related tasks).
- Review and improve the AWS Database queries as per business needs. Define the required Database patch level (based on Vendor support and our Company requirement). DB Partitioning and Implementation.
- Manage database objects like tablespace, user, table, Index, roles, privileges, profiles, DB Links, materialized views, partitioning, synonyms, sequences, views and indexes and other database objects etc
- Create physical/logical standby database and performing switch-over and fail-over
- Drive performance and tuning, monitoring the performance using tools
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6 years of experience in implementation of DB related scripts/jobs.
- Experience is install and maintain Database Server as demanded by the business needs
- Ability to guide in database backup and recovery (RMAN) standard methodologies.
- Experience in installation, configuration and upgradation administration on Windows and UNIX environments to support Oracle DB
- Proven experience in crafting and implementation of security and auditing standards for large databases. And running DR Environments (Standby, ADG).
- Solid understanding of Database, Performance tuning [all versions of Database Support is AWS
- Expertise in debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool
- Proficient to build DBA Objects like Queue Managers, Queues and channels
- Ability to install, configure on Database DBA Clustering and fix support packs on all OS platform
About Business Unit
- Exposure of Data Guard and understanding of various patch level compatibilities with database releases.
- Exposure in Oracle Replication (Streams, Golden gate and Shareplex ).
- Certification in Oracle Database Administrator [OCA] and good exposure in Golden gate is highly preferable
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.