Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a Data Engineer, you play a vital role in building the right infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources. You are responsible in setting up effective pipelines to capture data from multiple sources into the enterprise centric storage.
You will build an effective analytical tool that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into data synchronization, reporting, operational efficiency and related areas.Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Manage and maintain the big volume of Database with optimization
- Provide timely support for production issues troubleshooting.
- Participate in our transformation to DevOps, for example, automated deployment, automated testing, continuous monitoring, etc.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets including legacy structured data warehouse that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Collaborate with DevOps team to develop Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines using containerization technologies.
- Solve Big Data and Distributed Data Streaming problems using latest technologies.
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Manipulate, process and extract value from large disconnected datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Work on State-of-the-Art cloud technologies provided by IBM Public Cloud, RedHat, AWS & others.
- Be part of open, transparent agile teams who always thrive for continuous learning and contribute towards continuous improvement.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of experience in DB2/Oracle or any DBMS and No SQL, basically in data domain like ETL and BI.
- Exposure in Database Technology (DB2, Oracle)
- Expertise in Unix/Linux Knowledge and SHELL script programming or similar.
- Proven knowledge of business requirement analysis and technical solution architecture design.
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience of Agile methodology and Agile experience.
- Knowledge of DevOps and related tooling (Jenkins or relevant).
About Business Unit
- Knowledge in DataStage
- Aware of BI tools like COGNOS and Dundas.
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.