Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesYou are a DB2 Database Administrator, who will perform database structure analysis, software maintenance, implementation and provide administrative support for DB2 databases and related applications.
An ambitious individual who can work under your own direction towards agreed targets and goals, you have the ability to manage change and to work under stress. You are curious to learn as demonstrated by your up-to-date technical knowledge. You are a good team player and you are familiar with Agile methodologies and principles and/or have experience working in an Agile team. We seek an applicant who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun, spirited, collaborative environment; an individual who desires creative freedom and the opportunity to work in a high performing team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Applications built by self-directed, end-to-end development teams
- Collaborate with multiple squads and provide technical leadership to implement the strategy.
- Involved in supporting migration of IBM cloud services infrastructure in Unix Server (DBA)
- Demonstrate expertise on Unix Server DBA technology and market capabilities/trends
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirement
- Maintain all Information Technologies Support Services (ITSS),Application Systems Control and Auditability (ASCA) and SOX compliance where applicable
- On-Boarding and Off-Board client content to our Service Offerings
- Maintain and adjust support response schedules for timely acknowledgement and resolution of our complete service offerings
- Ensure Client awareness of any planned or unplanned system maintenance
- Troubleshoot issues and provide support to the application teams (on-call) to resolve critical issues affecting the application availability.
- Participate in deploying code move process across the different environments during maintenance windows
- Experience in meeting all Service Level Agreement (SLA)/ Service Level Offerings (SLO) and Business Critical Value (BCV) for Analytics@IBM Offerings
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6-8 relevant years of experience as DB2 Database Administrator for large organization
- Experience in DB2 DBA with strong data analysis and SQL writing and tuning experience on Linux/Windows/Unix platform
- Demonstrated expertise in interpreting DB2 Administration and diagnostic logs and enable DB2 health, performance, and configuration monitoring
- Hands-on knowledge in performance management and application tuning using DB2 performance tools, EXPLAIN PLAN, translating logical data model into physical data model.
- Proficient in database sizing and partitioning based on application usage along with performance tuning of SQL to support development
- Ability to prepare install scripts and code promotion using shell scripting (KSH, bash, Python
- Expertise to perform database structure analysis, software maintenance, implementation and provide administrative support for DB2 databases and related applications
About Business Unit
- Ability to identify possible performance issues and solve problems
- Experience in Linux operating system - zLinux and Red Hat Linux
- Working knowledge of configurable online parameters, snapshots and event monitoring, and in examining system catalogs
- Familiarity with DB2 Control Center & DB2 informational tools
- Solid understanding of storage options (SMS, DMS, automatic),tablespaces, indexes, partitioning (table partitioning, hash partitioning, multi-dimensional clustering) and in calculating volumetrics to determine DASD
- Experience to implement HADR is desirable
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.