At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs DB2 DBA specialist, you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
What will you do
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- DB2 server administration with installation, configuration, working knowledge, and have outstanding work experience in fixing agent issues
- Drive and manage agile framework and Kanban/Scrum methodologies are required to be part of agile squad to carry the day to day BAU activities
- Provide complete services to the clients using working knowledge in z platform
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ Years of progressive expertise in Database Administration
- Ability to craft and alter of DB2 object according to custom's requirement (Ex: Database, Table space, Table, Index, etc)
- Demonstrable experience with DB2 common command (familiar with other command),Stop/Start Databases, Display command, cancel thread and term utility
- Experience in Online utility: Running Reorgs and Runstats, Backup and Recovery of Table spaces (copy & recover),Repair, Load/Unload utilities,
- Proficient in Stand-alone utilities: DSNJU003 and DSNJU004, DSNJ003 to change DB2 BSDS, DSNJU004 to print BSDS. Trained with DSN1COP.
- Ability to provide Grants to users for appropriate groups/authorities, familiar with DB2 privileges.
- Working knowledge of SQL, knows to use query to check catalog table and find necessary for system usage
- Validated ability to manage operation on zOS, familiar with JCL used by DB2
About Business Unit
- Certified in the use DB2 tool - DB2 Admin tools, QMF, craft on tool such as DB2 Omegamon
- Ability to rebind the Plans/Packages, Granting required accesses to Packages/Plans/Collections
- Experience in Database Monitoring- DB2 tool omegamon to check current trace/status of any object
- Proficient in troubleshooting DB2 system log and bring up the problem if it cannot be fixed
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- Basic procedure of DB2 system/tools applying PTF and tools upgrade
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.