At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You are a DB2 LUW DBA
, who will perform database structure analysis, software maintenance, implementation and provide administrative support for DB2 databases and related applications.
An ambitious individual who can work under your own direction towards agreed targets and goals, you have the ability to manage change and to work under stress. You are curious to learn as demonstrated by your up-to-date technical knowledge. You are a good team player and you are familiar with Agile methodologies and principles and/or have experience working in an Agile team. We seek an applicant who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun, spirited, collaborative environment; an individual who desires creative freedom and the opportunity to work in a high performing team.Responsibilities
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, and Migration
- Working with cloud database and maintaining it.
- Working on automation of dba activities.
- Conceptualize and verbalize the benefits of technology in solving real business problems.
- Mentor developers to help them solve problems and grow, especially as it relates to the database.
- Create, communicate, and maintain best practices and coding standards for team.
- Work with multiple technologies and in projects with high complexity.
- Database Security and work to consistently improve internal processes Storage and Capacity Planning, Backup and Recovery
- If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 6-8 relevant years of experience as DB2 Database Administrator
- Working knowledge on Db2 LUW (UDB) setup and configuration
- Experience in Db2 administration on Linux environments
- Understanding the Linux and basic OS concepts
- Hands-on experience with creating/maintaining/optimizing a database (Db2 experience preferred)
- Working knowledge on designing High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) systems
In-depth knowledge on Cloud infrastructure (IBM/Aws/Azure) along with DB optimization / application optimization
- Proficient in Performance Tuning, defining Stored Procedure & triggers
About Business Unit
- Experience in administering databases, overseeing backup and recovery of development and test databases
- Ability to identify possible performance issues and solve problems
- Experience in Linux operating system - zLinux and Red Hat Linux
- Knowledge of configurable online parameters, snapshots and event monitoring, and in examining system catalogs
- Familiarity with DB2 Control Center & DB2 informational tools
- Understanding of storage options (SMS, DMS, automatic),tablespaces, indexes, partitioning (table partitioning, hash partitioning, multi-dimensional clustering) and in calculating volumetrics to determine DASD
- Implement HADR
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.