The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry.
Our IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it groundbreaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services - IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 6+ years of relevant working experience, preferably in a similar role
- Must have played the role of a solution architect and understands how to design a cost effective and technically sound solution design
- Must have experience of handling large and complex IT Operations involving multiple technologies and Hybrid Cloud deployments
- Experienced in leading complex technical projects
- Should have led cross functional teams spread over multiple locations
- Logical understanding of multiple technologies like Systems, Storage, Network, Database, Backup, DR Solutions with hands on experience (L2) on minimum 2 technologies
- Expertise in Cloud Technologies and offerings like PaaS, IaaS, SaaS and others
- Experience in designing or building end to end cloud-based business solutions
- Experience in the design / configuration of Cloud Computing Solutions (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
- Experience of enterprise architecture
- IT Strategy, Roadmap and IT Operating Model