Overall responsible for achievement of Sales Goal for the allotted territory. Both in terms of quantity & quality.
· Confer with State Manager in defining annual business plan for the Sales & Marketing function based on the defined marketing strategies.
· Translate the annual sales plan into quarterly and monthly operational plans and develop, on a regional scale, sales targets and volume goals for each product/brand.
· Finalize sales target for each market & distributor within his territory.
· Regularly monitor all orders given by distributors, take action to ensure budget achievement.
· Actively track sales movement of competitors products and marketing activities and communicate exception scenarios to regional manager
Execute Promotional Activities:
· Plan Crop Campaigns in close coordination with State Manager & Field Marketing team for timely execution
· Plans Farmer meetings and Demonstrations to be executed through Field Assistants employed by third party including their training.
· Identifies promotion activities for month/year, allocates budgets for promotion activities, and prepares promotion and activities calendar
· Propose promotional budget needed and operate within sanctions
· Build strong distribution network. Ensure effective distributor management in identifying & recommending new distributors. Developing and monitoring performance of distributors/ wholesalers/ network.
· Guide distribution strategy and trade expansion plans and trade incentive schemes (incl. distributor welfare schemes).
New Product Launches & new use development
· Provides inputs to development team on new product (Agro chemical, Bio. Products and Equipment) testing, development of new concepts (new uses) for existing products and product positioning for selected product
· Prepare market for New Product launches, at least one year ahead of launch. Effectively position new products launched and monitor performance closely. Share feedback with Region/HO
· Operate within price sanctioned.
· Communicate pricing (incl rebates, discounts etc.) internal to distributors/customers.
· Monitor and evaluate pricing with customer and competitors in the region handled.
Cash Collection and Credit Authorization
· Propose credit ceilings for distributors.
· Ensures timely collection all customers and take action in case of default/late payment/cheque bounces
Manages Customer complaints and sales returns
· Manages customer complaints and ensures issue resolution
· In case of sales return, analyses reasons for return, informs C&F agent to make a sales return order, receives goods back at C&F, inspects goods and documents reason for return
· Discusses & provided sales forecast to the State Manager
· Prepare MIS for actual results to forecast monthly/quarterly
· Provides information on competitor activities to State Manager