The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesRole IntroductionAs Dev Ops Engineer, you will be part of a self-contained team of high quality technical specialists. You will influence the leadership in an evolving culture, designed to deliver software solutions continually, in a dynamic DevOps environment. Ultimately, your work will build the deployment destination for our solutions.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Provide Operational Support for applications by adhering knowledge on DevOps standards [CI/CD process] hosted in Private Cloud and Docker container platform.
- Provide Operation Support / do automation for well cloud architecture best practices.
- Provide infrastructure and operation support to all applications moving from virtualization environment to container platform environment.
- Troubleshooting application issues as well as platform issues running in Cloud Infrastructure, co-ordinate issues resolutions with operations, functional and technical teams
- Work independently on simple to medium complex projects.work towards RCA
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4 years of IT experience in the latest software development
- Development expertise using Jenkins, Shell scripting, PHP, uCommand, uDeploy updates and maintenance, sugar build consolidation.
- Hands-on coding using uDeploy development, SC Deploy processes, SC infrastructure requirements, GIT, RTC, Sugar and IBM build processes, Jenkins, Docker
- Exposure to wide variety of DevOps related technologies and tools using python or any scripting languages
- Proficient in Mircroservice, Docker, Nomad, Mesos, Marathon, Consul, Vault, Traefik, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, ELK stack, Shell Scripting, Python, Application Production Support
- Application of recovery oriented design using continuous delivery and/or Continuous Deployment
- Practical knowledge in agile development processes including scrum
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications