Metallic, a Commvault venture, is currently seeking a SRE Engineer
to join our Metallic team here in Commvault.Metallic is a “start-up” division inside of Commvault, building a next generation business. The successful candidate will possess proven experience supporting high performing IT projects by delivering robust SRE practices & solutions. The Metallic team is a fast-paced, agile, startup minded organization; so if you are ready to enhance your career as part of a new and innovative line of business, then this opportunity is for you!How You Will Make An Impact
What You Need To Be Ready
- Collaborate with Application Architects, Developers and System Engineers to capture functional and non-functional requirements.
- Continuously improve and increase the capabilities, scalability of our SaaS platform.
- Generate proper designs, diagrams and documentation and present to stakeholders.
- Using Agile methods [Scrum/Kanban] to organize project deliverables, to track and report progress.
- Support operations, meeting reliability and capacity requirements.
- Participate in rotating on-call duties and work across different time zone with a multi-national team.
- Develop tooling, policies, processes to drive and improve customer experience, engineering productivity.
- Implement & enforce compliance, SOC2, ISO guidelines, security frameworks and practices.
- Participate as a stakeholder in planning the product roadmap, sprint planning, stand-ups.
- Handle Escalations, Scrum master, Change, Problem, Incident Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Nice to have certifications in AWS or Azure cloud platform.
- Overall 5+ years of IT experience.
- 3+ years of critical production cloud automation experience.
- 3+ years of strong experience in Python programing, and Python Frameworks.
- Strong experience and proven knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Strong experience in Industry leading Observability solutions and technologies.
- Strong experience with containers, EKS, AKS, K8S platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Configuration Management, Deployment tools and IAAC practices.
- Strong experience in automating and orchestrating workloads across multiple public cloud providers
- Expert in tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, AWS Cloud Formation, Salt, is a plus.
- Strong experience with Linux and open source software/technologies.
- Must have worked with product-based companies and experience in Supporting Engineering Org for Tactical & Strategic operations/tasks
- Exposure to ITIL framework, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Participate in On-call support and Willingness to support during weekends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.