Position OverviewRole Description
DevOps is a specialist role that works with the delivery teams to help automate software development and deployment processes. DevOps brings in a mind-set, culture and set of technical practices to provide communication, collaboration, integration, automation and close co-operation among the squads who plan, develop, test, deploy and release a solution. Over time, it helps to improve frequency and quality of deployments. The successful candidate will own the development of scripted procedures and automation of common tasks so that the developers can focus on development and deployments and configurations are automated. He/She will collaborate and work alongside stakeholders to develop proper DevOps pipeline and workflow, as well as provide technical assistance to the development and operation teams. DevOps is a natural extension for Agile and continuous delivery approaches.Responsibilities
Competencies & Experience
- Build/Manage continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) pipelines for both digital and non-digital projects.
- Integrate DevOps governance gates with existing CI/CD pipeline and proactively make improvements/recommendations.
- Manage/Build infrastructure components manually and automatically to procure new environment for applications.
- Work closely with development team and release managers to deploy components for multiple releases in multiple environments.
- Conduct application health check, Generate usage reports, analyse trends and implement automation to monitor the application proactively.
- Provide DevOps and infrastructure support projects as BAU needs, Release activities and other Change tasks.
- Hands on experience building on premise, hybrid and/or cloud infrastructure
- Able to install and configure DevOps tools
- Constantly improve DevOps tools and processes
- Design, simplify and document DevOps procedures
- Provide support from Risk and Governance perspective to have a controlled environment having no audit findings.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Take end to end ownership on tasks, provide comprehensive solution and deliver with high quality requiring minimal supervision.
- Deft in carrying out impact analysis, risk analysis, root cause analysis and release review to contribute to increase maturity of the environment.
- Proactive personality coupled with strong technical/problem solving capabilities with an ability to quickly adapt to new environments/technologies provide long term solutions in addition to strong communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Extensive experience working in DevOps environment in Banking space
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in source code management tools like Git and GitHUb
- Hands-on experience in using configuration management and provisioning tools
- Hands on to develop tools to automate the deployment flows
- Hands on to write scripts as needed (Shell, Powershell, Batchfiles etc)
- Hands on experience with the DevOps tools like Jenkins, Teamcity, Ansible, JIRA, Nexus, Maven, Urban Deploy etc.
- Hands on experience with container orchestration like Docker, Kubernetes etc. or similar.
- Knowledge of architectural principles and experience with frameworks
- Hands on experience in setting and maintaining Application Servers viz. Tomcat, WebLogic
- Hands on experience in managing API management and administration software
- Hands-on experience on management of security certificate installation and renewals
- Familiarity with SOA, microservices, REST/SOAP APIs and relational database concepts
- Strong understanding of VPN, web proxy and reverse proxy
- Experience on configuring and requesting for environments, requesting firewall access etc.
- Expertize in operating Linux Environment with good command over scripting languages
- Working in regulation with industry-standard best practices in close coordination with integration and deployment team.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create â€“ diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance.