At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Disaster Recovery Management (DRM) operator, you are responsible for help the customer to maintain all applications and databases in synch using IBM RO software.Help customer to perform DR drills which are scheduled or unscheduled. Help Customer during Disaster situation to switch application/database to recovery site using IBM RO software.Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment to explore new opportunities every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Responsible for Monitoring the replication of all databases and applications.
- Determine possible faults by execution of predetermined health and operational checks to provide the best RPO results.
- Analyze and resolve escalated problem with-in target timelines.
- Perform IBM RO fault detection.
- Perform coordination and Monitoring of the data replication from Production to DR. Check of server health.
- Perform coordination and timely follow-up with application owners for issue resolution
- Execution of IBM RO workflow during drills and fail-overs.
- Execution of IBM RO workflow during sanity/Integrity testing.
- Coordinate for arranging meeting for DR Drill with application owners.
- Installation of the Sanovi (IBM RO) software on Windows and UNIX systems.
- Creating Groups and workflows in IBM RO for different application.
- Raise Change request and present in CAB meeting (related to IBM RO-Sanovi / Drill).
- Prepare reports for RPO–RTO, Application Sync, Storage Lag RPO, MIS, Project review report as per Client.
- Maintain inventory of the server hardware & changes made in Production / DR servers
- Participate in SEV1 incidents related to disaster and lead in switching Application or Database to recovery sites.
- Perform capacity planning and tuning of IBM RO.
- Upgrade backup software, apply patches, and ensure physical security of data.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IBM RO (resilience Orchestration)
- Proficient to maintain the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of the information and to maintain its authenticity, control and utility of the relevant data
- Working knowledge of Installing/Configuring/Upgrading IBM RO on Unix, windows platform.
- In-depth understanding of database (Oracle or MSSQL) Log shipping, Server and Client Options.
- Banking, Financial service and insurance (BFSI) Industry's know-how.
- Ability to ensure that all the data pertaining to the company and its clients is safeguarded against unauthorized or illegal use by implementing various methodologies against those who violate the security rules and regulations
- Proven interpersonal skills with collaborative attitude while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Experience in supporting all the necessary procedures related to security approval, accreditation, etc.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications