Job title: Technical Document Specialist
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!This is your role. What part will you play?
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Work closely with technical staff to make products easier to use
- Ensure quality of documentation and its delivery
- se diagrams, screenshots and charts that increase user’s understanding
- Experience working with European partners, and flexible to work across partner time zones to suit work requirements
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Knows state-of-art regarding authoring tools, documentation standards and rules
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- You must have Qualification: BE / B. Tech / MCA / ME / M. Tech with minimum 3+ Technical Writing.
- Documentation/Video Documentation Proficiency in working with XML editor, authoring and other graphics related tools
- Responsible for authoring tasks, creation and integration of printed or electronic end user documentation, crafting videos
- Solid understanding of any Content Management System which is based on single sourcing concept
- Planning and tracking status of project requirements, adhering to standard processes and ensuring timely delivery of work
- Understanding needs of the domain, end customers, and orienting operations towards meeting these needs
- Driving collaboration with partners across all locations, conducting meetings, reporting status, ensuring partner happiness, and enabling standard methodology sharing
- Standardize content across platforms, media, and write supporting documents for products, Must be result focused, process and quality oriented
- Knowledge of Energy Automation products (Optional),Resolve needs of end users of documentation
- Awareness of Content Management System and video making tools
- Knowledge of Software Development process and familiarity with Lean/Agile development is preferable
- Use diagrams, screenshots and charts that increase user’s understanding
- Good interpersonal skills, with an ability to negotiate and moderate with partners from diverse groups
- Should be able to multi-task, running multiple project activities and interpersonal responsibilities optimally
- Ability to work as Individual Contributor and take ownership
- Energy management confirmed ability is an added asset
- Excellent technical writing, verbal and written communication skills vital
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
Siemens Technology and Services Private LimitedExperience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalJob Type: