Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWhat You AreAs a EDI Specialist/Consultant…• You will be responsible to deliver to the Client mapping requests ensuring client satisfaction. • You would also be expected to lead and mentor other team members, provide oversight to various deliverables and ensure appropriate delivery practices are followed What You Will DoYou will.....
How we’ll help you grow:
- Involve in delivering of customer mapping requests.
- Should possess good EDI Domain knowledge and hands on mapping experience on EDI standards like EDIFCAT, X12, XML, GENTRAN etc, using IBM Sterling map development tools - IBM Sterling Integrator - map editor, and ITX/WTX etc.
- Will work directly with clients on-site leads/customers to firm-up requirements.
- Hands on experience in EDI / B2B in mapping skills on various formats such as EDIFACT,X12
- Ability to manage large delivery and support teams.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the authority you want to be.
- You’ll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You'll will have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
- Team will be involved in End to End delivery for IBM B2B SaaS Integration customers across Worldwide.
- Provides an individual with greater exposure to WW SaaS delivery to clients.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Proven Map development experience & Implementing EDI maps for transactions with standards EDIFACT, ANSI X12, Rosettanet, Tradacoms, XML, ebXML and CII
- EDI Mapping Skills with minimum 2 of the following tools - IBM B2B Sterling IntegratorX12/Gentran Integration Suite / Websphere Transformation Extender / Gentran NT / Gentran Unix / Gentran Director Templates
- Demonstrated knowledge & good understanding of XML and SAP IDOCs
- Responsible for identifying the mapping between source and target data elements in support of mapping resource specifications.
- Identify, analyze and devise solutions for business and technical EDI data problems
- Collaborating with other functional members to develop and deliver, based on business requirements .
About Business Unit
- EDI mapping experience on IBM map editor tools.
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, “be essential.” We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they’re inspired to create breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We’re building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us — you’ll be proud to call yourself an IBMerLocation Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.