Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the worldâs most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, technology consulting, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, our 700+ professionals work across 20 U.S. offices and five international locations.
We are currently searching for an Engineer to join the Water Resources team, a part of the Civil Engineering Services group. In this position, the projects will have an emphasis on drainage, floodplain/floodway delineation, detention pond design, reservoir routing, urban drainage systems design, water supply and flood mitigation.Position Responsibilities Will Include
- Working with a group of engineers in the performance of water resources, drainage, hydrology and hydraulics design related projects.
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of frequently used software such as HEC RAS, HEC HMS programs, XP-SWMM, 2D modeling, WaterGEMS etc.
- Sound technical skill especially in the area of water resources engineering.
- Good communication and organizational skills, especially technical writing.
- Working knowledge and understanding of U.S and India design codes and standards.
- Knowledge in the development of construction documents, plans & specifications.
- Related local India experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of GIS.
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering (Masters preferred with emphasis in hydrology/hydraulics, water resources or related field);
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in drainage design;
- Proficient in related software/modeling programs including HEC, XP-SWMM, 2D modeling, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.