Design, develop, and test electrical devices and equipment, including communications systems, power generators, motors and navigation systems, and electrical systems for automobiles and aircraft.
2. They also oversee the manufacture of these devices, systems, and equipment.
3. Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems for industrial, commercial or domestic purposes.
4. Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
5. Conferring with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
6. Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings or topographical maps.