Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Heading the Accounts & Finance Department of factory and managing the following operations:
Accounts & Auditing
· Designing and implementing accounting systems & procedures; supervising the timely preparation of statutory books of Accounts and finalization of the same.
· Handling working capital management and dealing with banks on day to day basis; involved in opening L/C and monitoring foreign remittances.
· Coordinating with internal & statutory auditors; evaluating internal control systems / procedures to highlight the shortcomings and implementing necessary recommendations.
· Determining the manufacturing cost and MRP of the product; compiling cost and performance reports, cost benefits analysis and critical analysis of cost reports.
· Preparing cost sheets of the products manufactured and giving selling rates to Marketing Department as and when required.
· Maintaining all cost accounting record rule as per statutory requirements and also conducting cost audit of the products covered under 'Chemicals'
Taxation & Statutory Compliances
· Preparing tax plans and ensuring timely payments and filing of direct & indirect tax returns in compliance with statutory tax Acts.
· Liaising with government departments and regulatory authorities for obtaining necessary sanctions and ensuring compliance with various statutory obligations.
· Budgeting / System Implementation & MIS
· Formulating budgets and conducting variance analysis to determine difference between projected & actual results and implementing corrective actions.
· Designing and implementing systems to ensure smooth functioning of finance & accounting operations across the organization.
Supervising the preparation of MIS reports to provide feedback to top management on financial performance, viz, fund management, variance analysis, profitability, etc