Financial Architect – Manager/Senior ManagerPurpose
- Support the financial structuring, analysis and negotiation of large, complex multi-Business Unit outsourcing proposals and contracts ($100M+ TCV) while meeting Cognizant’s business objectives.
- Craft and assess the P&L,cash flow, metrics and financial viability and risks of a deal throughout the proposal phase.
- Following Client decision,this individual will support the negotiation of financial/commercial terms in order to meet Cognizant’s business & financial objectives and enable Cognizant to sign a contract capable of delivering the approved returns while at the same time addressing customer business drivers. ? Function in an independent,unbiased and relentlessly objective manner to ensure the integrity of the responsibilities of the position.
- Support the implementation and development of a Financial/Commercial Management organization and, in particular, support resource, process and tools development associated with the Financial Architecture practice.
- This individual contributor role is a key financial & commercial advisor to a deal team in support of strategic bids.
- This role requires functional expertise to support deal modeling and assessment while considering deal strategy, structuring and negotiation positions.
- Financial representative internally and, potentially, externally with clients and advisors.
- Includes participation in oral and written presentations/communications to internal and potentially external executives, as and when required in support of pursuits.
- Support the Commercial Architect in analyzing and making recommendations regarding deal-specific financial strategies and,solutions.
- Engagement spans the bid life-cycle from qualification through deal closure.
- In support of Business Units and Sales,and in conjunction with Legal, Finance, Solution Architects and the core pursuit team, manage and conduct internal reviews of the financial and commercial terms for transactions from the account qualification phase through customer proposal submission, negotiation and contracting phases.
- Support the Commercial Architect in identifying and subsequently capturing risk in the business case.
- Facilitate and conduct cross regional and cross Business Unit alignment of financial structures, requirements and the impacts upon commercial issues and risks parameters.
- Support Finance/Commercial Leadership in the ongoing enhancement of the Financial Architecture practice via the development and documentation of processes and tools.
- Support compliance with Cognizant’s processes and policies.
- 8-12 years’ experience in Pre-Sale Financial Architecture deal modeling, analysis, pricing; experience in commercial management, proposal and negotiations experience in the IT industry, outsourcing or infrastructure areas desirable.
Post-Sale commercial contracts experience is also desirable.
- Ability to clearly & concisely communicate, engage and partner with key internal executives and stakeholders (Finance, Sales, Delivery, Solutions, Legal, etc.) required.
Ability to engage and communicate with customers, vendors and third parties highly desirable.
- The candidate must have demonstrable skills and/or experience in.
- Deal modeling and financial architecture skills for various types of commercial models and approaches,P&Ls,cash flow analysis and revenue recognition concepts.
- Contractual knowledge and negotiation skills are preferable.
- Awareness of risk identification and management concepts.
- Oral and written communication skills are required, particularly related to articulating specific corporate strategies, industry business drivers and financial solutions for large, complex outsourcing customer proposals.
- Broad technical knowledge of applications, infrastructure and business process technology outsourcing services is desired.
- Experience in “cloud” and emerging services and the impact of such services on commercial principles and transaction risks is considered highly desirable.
- MBA from a reputable, recognized institution in relevant area or CA required.
- Language: English.
- International business and bidding experience, along with knowledge of off-shore engagement models preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical skills including understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Motivated self-starter, with high quality of work and attention to detail.#FP&ADealPricing
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 02 2020About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S.,