Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesIBM Cloud is currently looking for a Software Developer to join our global development team building the next generation of AI-infused, cloud-native management tools for hybrid and multi-cloud environments. As a Software Developer on the Observability team, you’ll be responsible for developing quality code to collect data from a wide array of systems our clients use. This data feeds our AI systems that extracts meaningful insights our clients can use to increase resiliency, performance, and quality of service. Working in an agile environment, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary squad working on our observability framework. Your work will involve close collaboration with Architects, DevOps Engineers and Offering Managers across our global organization. The successful candidate will have deep technical skills in software development with multiple languages, agile practices, distributed systems, networking, data collection and observability technologies running on Linux and Kubernetes/OpenShift. Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work as part of a development squad to deliver software for data collection and observability.
- Follow Agile development methodologies/best practices to produce quality code and documentation deliverables.
- Participate and present at regular playbacks to the broader team, showing the output of the squad.
- Contribute to and implement functional specs/designs to feed into a larger system architecture.
- Deliver customer value through innovative solutions that address customer business problems
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of software development experience of front-end experiences in React JS, with additional experience including:
- Should be working in Container technologies
- Working with a design system, working off redlines and prototypes (SketchMeasure, Invision)
- Component design, Redux, and testing patterns
- React Testing Library (RTL) and/or some other testing solutions such as Enzyme
- REST APIs
- Implementing responsive designs (including grids),Cross-browser development
- Experience working with Kubernetes/OpenStack or related cloud-native technologies
- Experience working with CI/CD processes, DevOps methodologies and tools such as git, Jenkins, Travis.
- Training and Experience in development and application of Artificial Intelligence models
- Experience working with observability technologies like open source technologies: Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Jaegar, fluentd, or commercial products such as Sysdig, Datadog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Dynatrace
- Experience with IBM platforms: Power and System Z
- Experience with multiple cloud services, including IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent