Today's empowered customers use multiple channels to engage with, and purchase from retailers. With the growth in available shopper data, this presents new challenges for retailers to solve. In this environment, they need sophisticated merchandising solutions to make decisions that will maximize sales, profit and shopper loyalty.
DemandTec (by Acoustic) solutions make it possible for retailers to blend the art of experience, taste and judgment with optimization science and advanced analytics. By combining these approaches, retailers can more intelligently determine the most desirable and profitable products, prices, promotions and markdowns.
The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the DemandTec team to review requirements, analyze solution, design/develop features while ensuring highest quality. Also, investigate and evaluate new technologies as/where needed, to improve application design and performance; also able to help the team adapt it within our solution and grow the skillset.Responsibilities
- Review the feature description
- Communicate with PM and Manager to discuss the detailed requirement
- Time management by creating tasks for features and adding estimations
- Review design with the team members as well as manager
- Implement the feature based on the tasks
- Write and automate unit tests for the new functionalities
- Local test to ensure functional correctness and superior code quality through reviews
- Resolve internal bugs reported by QA engineers
- Resolve Production issues raised by customer and Support team
- Communicate with global developers, QAs, product managers and field teams (as needed)
- Ability to evaluate technologies and make assessments/decisions
- 7+ years experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications
- Expertise required in object-oriented design methodology and application development in Java8, Spring MVC and Spring Boot
- Hands-on experience with Tomcat or other application servers required
- Expertise required in database and SQL, preferably DB2 3+ yearsĂ˘ÂÂ experience in medium-to-large project development, experience in NoSQL or NewSQL, such as MongoDB, TiDB, is a plus
- Expertise required in Hibernate or other object-relational mapping framework
- Experience in Linux and shell scripting
- Strong software development process background, preferably using Agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or XP
- Ability to troubleshoot, performance tune and understand java memory utilization in code produced.
- Understanding of distributed cache/store systems such as Memcached, EhCache.
- Hand on experience with popular front-end technologies, like React, Angular, HTML5
- Ability to work with RESTful APIs and other programmatic interfaces
- Fluent English speaking/writing
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (highly recommended)
Acoustic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everyone. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.Options
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.