Assistant Vice President
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.comAbout The Team & Business Line
Fund Administration is Citco’s core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry’s most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.
As a core member of our Private Equity team, you will be working with some of the industry’s most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon.Your Role
- Responsible for maintaining books and records and calculation of fund Net Asset Values;
- Coordinating and reviewing financial statements and associated reports, including performance metrics for monthly/quarterly reporting;
- Coordinate and review calculations of carried interest/performance/incentive fees;
- Coordinate and review calculations and investor allocations for capital calls, distributions and equalizations;
- Coordinate and review partner capital account statements;
- Coordinate processing of payments and other transactions;
- Supervise junior staff, reviewing and signing off on work performed;
- Acting as a primary day-to-day contact with clients and other fund participants;
- Work closely with the Investor Relations team to respond to investor queries and to disseminate capital activity and other investor notices;
- Maintaining relationships with investors, investment advisors/managers, banks and auditors and other fund participants;
- Assisting auditors and other fund participants and advisers;
- Participating in presentations to existing and prospective clients;
- Monitor compliance of various agreements with clients, including the Service Level Agreement;
- Participating in projects that may be defined from time to time in connection with the continuing expansion and evolution of the business;
- Any other functions required as part of the business of the Company, and reporting to the Vice President.
- Master Degree in Accounting, Finance, any other professional accounting qualification (i.e. CA, CPA or ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience in accounting for the financial services sector, particularly Private Equity, Asset Management or Fund Administration.
- Knowledge of IFRS and / or USGAAP
- Experienced in reviewing and preparing general ledger and financial statements.
- Established knowledge in relation to accounting and consolidations under IFRS.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (both verbal and written).
- Motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines.
- A team player who is able to manage individual responsibilities.
- Supervisory skills with experience in managing and/or leading staff for 3-4 years.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good client/ business relationship management
- Sound judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
- User experience with enterprise accounting system(s).
- Working knowledge of Investran highly desirable
- Experience in Limited Partnership accounting
- Private equity/real estate fund experience. Exposure to complex fund structure, waterfall computation, preferred return.