The Third Floor is looking for an Unreal Engine And Unity Engine Developer for an immersive experience project using the Unreal or Unity Game Engine. The ideal candidate will come with extensive Unreal experience. They will work within our Immersive team to support development utilizing game engine technology within the Film, Gaming, Theme-Park and VR industries.
- Setting up the project source control (Perforce experience absolutely necessary)
- Working with the technical artist to define the project organization
- Work with the supervisor to identify need for custom, show-specific tools, for example review tools like laser pointer, measure, scrub playback etc.
- Responsible for writing and distributing any tool plugins - must be an efficient developer able to rapidly prototype
- Lead optimization efforts to maintain the show framerate at VR spec
- Responsible for making builds and ensuring there is always a backup of working builds
- UI Programming
- C++ , C# & blueprints. Know how to write plugins for Unreal and be comfortable with the Unreal build system
- Source control
- Slate/UMG (Unreal UI systems)
- 3D Math (linear algebra)
- Shading Languages a plus (HLSL etc)
- Understanding of the entire 3D rendering pipeline
- Have shipped a VR project
- Tools Unreal and Unity
- Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis.
- Artistically as well as technically inclined.
- Strong time management & organisation skills.
- Strong teamwork ethic
It's a Work From Home Internship.