Job Description: Head of Engineering
We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming. You will be leading a group of highly skilled developers and this role requires project management skills from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail. You will develop and design backend architecture. You will be responsible for the architecture and the code quality of the application and performance of the internal systems.
· Own the vision, planning and execution of the data scraping, harvesting, structuring and analytics.
· Own the full ETL process for data warehousing.
· Recruit, coach and develop a cross-skilled research team of python developers, data warehouse experts, dba and create a strong data practice within the R&D team
· Collaborate with dev ops teams on data storage, data middleware processing and deployment of the tools.
· Be the primary POC for the business and work with various stakeholders to understand the business requirements and be responsible and fully accountable for the output.
· Build multi-faceted, multipurpose API layers such that various other products can consume the data.
· Be the primary decision maker for various R&D decisions like open source tools, data warehousing solutions, data transformation middleware, human moderation interfaces, MVP deployment and more.
· Work with third party agencies/developers to gain speed on the project and deployment of tools.
· Be a hands-on python engineer who can code and setup an end to end production ready data harvesting and deployment solution.
· Hands on at least one of the big data ecosystems (Hadoop, Redshift-EMR etc)
· Very good experience with data scraping and structuring and deep understanding of open source scraping tools, xpath, json and more.
· Very good experience with elasticsearch and kibana.
· Excellent command over SQL.
· Good understanding of distributed data storage, indexing and sharing and graph databases.
· Experience with at least of the many no-sql/document databases.
· Exposure in successfully making use of one or more of the following: Logistic Regression Multivariate Regression, Support Vector Machines, Stochastic Processes, Decision Trees, Lifetime analysis, common clustering algorithms, Optimization
· Experience with one or more visualization tools like Tableau, Qlickview, Cognos, PowerBi etc