BELECTRIC is one of the most successful enterprises in the realization of utility scale solar power plants and energy storage systems. BELECTRIC was founded in 2001 and has been expanded by six shareholders to an international group since then.
Designation: HSE Officer
Recognised Health & Safety Qualification or Diploma or equivalent formal qualification.
B.Tech/ Diploma in Engg. over & above HSE Diploma/Certification will be preferred
Additional qualifications as per the country / state regulations
Minimum 3 years work experience on a Construction site of Solar Project
Practice of the different occupations in Civil Work and/or electro-mechanical erection and electrical commissioning
Has been employed by a large international, technological and industrial organization
Technical background (to understand the field activity)
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Ensure implementation of Zero Deviation Program.
• Identify hazards for all High Risks Activities, assess the risks and define control measures with site management.
• Support supervisors to communicate risk assessments and method statements down to the workers level.
• Continuously monitor High Risks Activities and implementation of safety control measures.
• Define and organize entry of personnel, vehicles, plants and machineries by thorough scrutinization of their documents and issue of Site Safety passes and necessary PTW.
• Carry out HSE inspections and advise site management for improvement of safety health and environment.
• Exercise authority to suspend work, in case of deviations in High Risk Activities rules, until corrective actions are taken.
• Control necessary PPEs are provided and worn.
• Ensure safety inductions for all new entry and safety training when required.
• Make sure tool box talks are performed.
• Assist Site Manager to conduct periodical HSE coordination meetings with Belectric / Contractors / Partners/ Customers / other governing body and raise important issues to Unit management.
• Provide protection to the neighbours and public.
• Report immediately and investigate all HSE events to a suitable level depending upon the severity or potential severity.
• Ensure all preventive measures against loss of materials and production through fire, explosion, theft, unsafe storage and unsafe transportation are in compliance.
• Regularly monitor and ensure compliance of local environmental regulations (country/state).
• Take precautions against pollution, emissions (particularly SF6),energy consumption, and waste management.
Health, Hygiene and Welfare
• Ensure adequate amenities are provided and in compliance with good work place hygiene standard such as proper and sufficient ventilation, clean and protected drinking water, first AID, rest room, furniture, toilet, transportation of workers.
Site HSE system
• Set up and hold up to date the site HSE documents below supporting the responsible Line Managers
• Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions on site.
• Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner.
Environment, Health and Safety
• Demonstrate commitments to HSE through participation in formal and informal discussions
• Adhere to all safe working procedures in accordance with instructions
• Participate in the resolution of HSE issues
• Initiate actions to improve environment, health and safety where needed
• Zero severe accident
• Conformity with Belectric rules & local regulations (country/state)
• On-time reporting of HSE events
• Number of Near Misses
• Numbers of actions closed following Audits, Safety Visits & HSE inspections
• HSE induction for all employees & contractors
• Compliance to Quality processes and procedures and e-book policies
Location : Pavagada (Karnataka)