At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Incident Management Analyst, you are responsible for Overall Accountability for the execution of the Major Incident process and procedures for his line of business, Validating classification of an incident as a Major Incident against Major Incident Criteria.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing/performing all IBM internal notification, executive alerts and escalation activities through service recovery of a Major Incident according to MI Notification Timeframe WIN.
- Determining the scope of the Major Incident
- Assembling a Major Incident Team consisting of technical support people (other levels of support, across domains/competencies as required),management and key stakeholders to develop, execute, monitor and track an integrated resolution plan through service recovery of the Major Incident
- Making service restoration / recovery decisions, engaging the delivery Centre management team as required
- Ensuring that the progress of the Major Incident recovery and all relevant times are documented in the associated Incident Record(s)
- Chairing the Incident Bridge Calls and/or technical multi-person chats and following defined escalation path when needed, as defined in the escalation policy, Identifying Incidents which need special attention or escalation
- Contacting the continuity provider for a Data Centre crisis or for exceptionally severe single customer outages
- Consolidating an integrated resolution plan when multiple competencies/domains are engaged
- Ensuring the customer is contacted to confirm that the service has been restored to the customer's satisfaction according to Resolve and Close Incident policy - Major Incident Exit Criteria
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT Service management.
- Proven interpersonal skills with collaborative attitude while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Expert in preparations and publishing the prescribed incident and Service request related reports as per the defined timelines
- Experience in tracking RCA and corrective and preventative actions specified in the RCA and Track Missed SLA and corrective actions taken for incidents/ problems
- Experience in Incident Management, Performance and Operations Management, Process Management & Improvement, People Management, Project management
About Business Unit
- Service management, ITIL certification.
- Ability to ensure that all the data pertaining to the company and its clients is safeguarded against unauthorized or illegal use by implementing various methodologies against those who violate the security rules and regulations
- Proficient to maintain the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of the information and to maintain its authenticity, control and utility of the relevant data
- Experience in supporting all the necessary procedures related to security approval, accreditation, certification, etc.
- In-depth knowledge to implement a realistic approach during the certification schedule and process
- Hands-on experience to ensure compliance with vulnerability and mitigation procedures and to establish and install security fixes at regular intervals
- Languages: English, Hindi.
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.