India AR Head
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Responsibilities :
• Assure timely collection of monies and statutory forms (such as TDS etc) due to corporation
• Work with cross functional teams to ensure processes are designed in such a way that the collection of money and forms is smooth and timely.
• Work closely with the legal function and other stakeholders to take actions as necessary for collections of AR and statutory forms.
• Design and implement an optimum process for balance confirmation of AR balances and reconcile them on regular basis to avoid surprises, disputes with customers, etc
• Monitor and report on deviations from credit standards
• Meets accounts receivable operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
• Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures
• Regular reporting of key performance /financial indicators of the functions.
• Manage proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution
• Support Management by providing timely and accurate payment and account standing information
• Has complete ownership of monthly AR close process including reconciliation of the AR sub-ledger to the General Ledger. Also prepare monthly AR activity and tie-back to the AR Aging
• Manage the monthly reconciliation of other AR related accounts (such as unapplied cash, unclaimed credits, clearing, accrual, bad debt, charge-backs, withholding and sales tax)
• Support cross-functional projects to improve business results identified by Dispute team
• Assist with special projects as assigned or identified
• Meets accounts receivable financial standards by providing annual accounts receivable budget information;; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
• Investigating circumstances of non-payment; negotiating and resolving conflicts; expediting payment.
• Supports financial planning by forecasting cash, AR balances, Bad and doubtful provision impact on financial statements, DSO matters.
• Updates receivables by coordinating and monitoring daily sales order processing and bank remittance transactions.
• Maintains financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.