Individual Consultant – Block Coordinator _Organic Farming (1 Posts) – Uttar Kannada, Karnataka
Location : Uttar Kannada, Karnataka, INDIA, INDIA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate should be willing to travel across the districts of the State of Karnataka
- Execution and monitoring of the sanctioned organic village cluster projects through regular field visit and review.
- Cluster level planning and roll out of organic village cluster development activities
- Rolling out certification in the clusters and facilitate technical support agencies in implementation
- Continuously scout for opportunities by analyzing potential for developing value chain interventions for existing commodities being produced in the block
- Maintain information regarding produce of the SHG members, markets (prices and trends),commodity-wise details.
- Identifying local buyers, conducting buyer seller meets
- Executing capacity building plans for the project staff and community members on farm livelihoods and value chain development
- Identify and document best practices
- Ensuring data collection and entry into MIS for monitoring and evaluation
- 1-2 years in a livelihood development project responsible for promotion of organic production systems and allied activities-based livelihoods
- Should have handled procurement / marketing / supply chain for organic agricultural produce
- Experience of roll-out of PGS or third-party certification with at least 100farmers.
- Experience in setting up systems and processes to roll-out organic farming
- Demonstrable experience of project management, ensuring the delivery of high quality programmes as well as managing internal learning processes across virtual teams
- Managed a team of at least 5 field staff