Individual Consultant – Block Technical Coordinator _Forward Linkage Gadag, Karnataka
No. Of Post: 5 Posts
Location : Bangalore, INDIA, INDIA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Candidate should be willing to travel across the districts of the State of Karnataka
- Responsible for execution and monitoring of the sanctioned value chain development projects at the block level
- Continuously scout for opportunities by analyzing potential for developing value chain interventions for existing commodities being produced in the block
- Facilitate the technical support agencies in implementation of the sanctioned projects.
- Maintain information regarding produce of the SHG members, markets (prices and trends),commodity-wise details of local and block level markets.
- Identifying local buyers / local buyers, facilitating buyer seller meets at the block level
- Collection of information / data for development of new proposals in value chain development
- Execution of capacity building plans for the project staff, udyogmitra and community members on farm livelihoods and value chain development
- Facilitate workshops, consultations necessary for developing manuals and guidelines to facilitate implementation of value chain development.
- Identify and document best practices in value chain development under farm livelihoods initiatives in the block
- Ensuring data collection and entry into MIS for monitoring and evaluation of value chain interventions.
Qualifications: Postgraduate in Rural Development/Rural Management/social sciences or UG (4 years course) in Agri Science, Forestry and relevant field.
- 1-2 years of experience of procurement and marketing of specific agri commodity on large scale, experience in managing agriculture commodity supply chain in companies engaged in agribusiness
- P&L handling experience for an area / product line within an agri- commodity focused corporate environment.
- Experience in procurement / marketing of agriculture commodities.
- Experience of setting up field level procurement centers
- Proven experience of leading professional staff and builds their initiative and enables them to function as members of efficient and effective teams
- Demonstrable experience of project management, ensuring the delivery of high quality programmes as well as managing internal learning processes across virtual teams
- Managed a team of at least 5 field staff.
Duration of The Work: The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government/KSRLPS policy.
Languages Required: Fluency in English and Kannada– spoken, read and write for all official communication is essential.