Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address
the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.We Make Real What Matters. This Is Your Role
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Member of Acoustic Package Coordination team. Responsible for arranging regular meetings within all internal interface partners, Customer Order engineering and Suppliers. Participating in reviews and gates.
- Responsible for design and preparation of specifications for Air Intake system, Silencer, Enclosure, Anti Icing system, Exhaust system, ventilation
- Responsible for Design and preparation of RFQ documents of Fire extinguishing system CO2 & H2O and Gas detection system. Understanding of Fire Fighting & Suppression system (detection, extinguishing)
- Involved in most of the Fault reports in the technical area assigned. Decide the system strategy. Take an active part in creating and sustaining the road map for the system.
- Be active in benchmarking knowledge internal / external Siemens. Shall aim to be the one with best knowledge for the systems function and detailed design.
- Checking the vendor bids and providing Clarifications, technical vender negotiations. Vendor evaluation including risk assessment and support the commercial selection. Checking of vendor design and documentation. Supporting the detailed design by vendors. Support purchasing to find best total cost solutions.
- Giving & Working on Cost savings ideas.
- Document and drive implementation in PLM2020, SAP. Release and maintain reference documentation in COMOS, PLM2020, Team Centre or related databases
- Provide field/site support if required, Support during warranty/Service Support after warranty
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Bachelor/Masters in Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree
- 3 to 10 years of relevant engineering work experience
- Ability to travel globally
- Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- Proactive and Solution Oriented. Ability to Pull inputs and interact with interface partners.
- Excellent communication skills, Excellent English language skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Understanding of painting and welding requirements. Knowledge of Welding requirements and materials for hot components (gas turbine exhaust gas system, heat exchangers)
- Knowledge of relevant international codes & Standards including environmental legislation, Wind/Seismic codes, NFPA,Hazardous area requirements, HAZOP etc
- Knowledge of mechanical design of enclosures and its fabrication including time schedule.
- Design/system design for heat exchangers
- Knowledge to use COMOS
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careersOrganization:
Siemens LimitedExperience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalJob Type: