System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a Infosphere Datastage administrator, you will be involved in infrastructure and product support for various Application & dev-ops components like infosphere/Datastage, ACI , Middleware , SAS across various accounts.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Analyze and develop technology solutions based on customer requirements.
- Build and implement middleware products to meet business demands.
- Work with Developers and Architects in developing middleware configurations based on requirements.
- Identify and apply innovative technologies to update existing Application (infosphere).
- Create and maintain documentation for infosphere/Datastage installations, changes and upgrades.
- Train Junior Engineers on infosphere/Datastage updates and new installations.
- Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Develop and implement strategies for migration, consolidation and upgrade of infosphere/Datastage and other middleware/DB components
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes for installation, maintenance and enhancement of infosphere/Datastage and middleware applications.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Overall 8+ years of Experience in the IT industry
- Experience with IBM Infosphere Datastage & IBM Infosphere Information Server versions 11.5
- Working knowledge of Linux shell scripting and on infosphere information server Architecture (2tier & 3 tier) and IAM
- Proficient in installation, configuration, upgrading and patching of IBM InfoSphere DataStage, IBM Infosphere Information Server.
- Expertise in Periodic Installation of Fix packs and Projects creation & setting Environmental variables on project level
- Solid understanding of connectivity databases to datastage like oracle ,Db2 & SQL server.
- In-depth experience in ISALite and Datastage client upgradation.
- Valid knowledge of Db2 admin and Data Profiling (Information analyzer ) including column analysis
- Experience in information governance catalogue
About Business Unit
- Basic understanding of ETL design and troubleshooting the designed jobs using the Data stage Debugger
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.