Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesThe IBM Global Chief Data Office is looking for a Kubernetes Infrastructure Administrator having K8s and Kafka skills.At CDO, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional ExpertiseMinimum 3-5 years of experience in IT IndustryExpertise in RHEL Administration and Kafka Administration.
- Maintain Enterprise infrastructure Platform systems.
- Ensure all security / vulnerability issues dealt with as per IBM security guidelines.
- Provide L3 support.
- Work with INFRA technical leadership on capacity planning, proactive performance and monitoring, problem identification / resolution.
- Ensure high availability of all systems.
- Plan / implement system upgrades / maintenance
- Work with IBM products on support issues, keep up to date on upcoming releases / fixpacks
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficient in Unix scripting / patching / security.
- Experience in Virtualization, Ansible and Load balancers (haproxy).
- Working knowledge of Networking (L2/L3/BGP/VRRP/MLAG),CEPH and/or GPFS.
- In-depth Enterprise level DBA, Data modelling and Query optimization.
- Experience in Multi-tenant / concurrency, Load management, Monitoring, Enterprise K8s.
- Prior knowledge of Resource management, Security, Storage / persistent volume.
- Experience in Deployment / build / devops
- Ability to work and manage business critical production issues.
- Should be flexible working based on business requirement.
- Hands on experience with Big Data tools.
- Experience in IBM Cloud