The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Infrastructure Architect, you are responsible for providing architecture, design and planning services to IT Client and business executives and also providing both logical and detailed physical design documents for the target environments and associated connectivity of the client's hybrid multi-cloud infrastructure initiatives.Responsibilities
- Responsible to collect and analyze the client's technical and business requirements, along with current IT and cloud environments
- Make recommendations and provide the appropriate architecture designs required to help clients realize hybrid multi-cloud value and optimize their delivery of IT services
- Architects in this role design architectures for both hybrid and multi-cloud vendor adoption, virtualization and containers in accordance with the client's Cloud Technology Strategy while providing for their capacity, connectivity, security, cross platform management, and resiliency requirements by using IBM Reference Architectures, best practices and other service offering assets.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in IT domain.
- Solid understanding of IBM Services offerings and capabilities across the Advise, Move, Build, and Manage pillars
- Proficient in consulting and the delivery of project services with deeper skills in Cloud Architecture and an understanding of Cloud Service Management, Resiliency, and Security with respect to their design.
- Efficient in Agile/waterfall/RAD methodology, process management, project management, time management, effective negotiation, communication and lead innovative/creative complex problem solving. Application architecture, cyber security strategy, database architecture, midrange x86 architecture/operating systems, network architecture, storage architecture, Hybrid cloud architecture. Quality testing, Tiered support model strategy, Disaster Recovery, Backup, Application Availability, reliability & resiliency, capacity forecasting/queuing theory.
About Business Unit
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.