Farnell, an Avnet company, is a global high-service distributor of technology products, services and solutions for electronic system design, maintenance and repair.Job Summary
Responsible for answering both inbound calls and emails for Unassigned US and Canadian Customers of Newark Electronics. Responsible to sell products and services, and communicate our value proposition to customers on inbound calls, make limited outbound calls to secure orders and to meet or exceed company objectives and customer expectations.Principal Responsibilities
Job Level Specifications
- Fielding inbound calls from our 800- number, entering quotes and orders and placing outbound calls to follow up on offline quote activity
- Creating a positive customer experience by building rapport and solving customer problems
- Probing for product and service opportunities while servicing the customers’ requests – i.e. replacement parts, web offering for non-order calls
- Drive customers to the website, educate them on its benefits and advantages (KPI)
- Being available to our customers when they call to ensure a service level (KPI)
- Completing orders accurately to avoid errors (KPI)
- Working in a matrix organisation.
- Speed of change/ability to work to very tight deadlines.
- Building working relationships and processes across boundaries.
- Building team approach to serving customer base.
- Need to understand broad product range and variety of service options.
- Patience – ability to work with difficult customers in a high demand environment
Education And Certification(s)
- Typically requires a minimum of two years of related experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous US Call Center Experience required
- Night shift hours required to support North American Customer base.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in selling to key accounts organisations or very successful account management/sales career.
- Ability to plan, manage and coordinate multiple projects.
- Tenacious and results-oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- English fluency.
- Financial understanding.
- PC based IT skills. BPCS Skills a plus
- Track record of delivery.
- Energetic team player.
- Ability to influence/ obtain buy-in across functional boundaries.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.