Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We're hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video has the power to inform, inspire, challenge, amuse, and connect. And we're here for it.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen. Our customers are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration.About The Team
Our professional services team, Brightcove Global Services, builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known companies in the world and we're expanding. If you have a strong professional services background, a passion for working on high-functioning teams, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
Brightcove's global services team is not a typical PS organization, but is Brightcove's full-service agency for our clients. The team designs and develops custom video-centric Web and mobile solutions for a variety of customers across the globe. Our mission is to offer designs that enhance the video experience and to utilize the latest technologies to build purposeful products that push boundaries. Our solutions often involve multiple products and services including Brightcove cloud-based services, Content Management System (CMS),Digital Right Management (DRM),Analytics, Advertising, subscription and monetization engines. We have a team of smart individuals who are passionate about solving complex and interesting problems for our clients and who are driven to ensure those clients are successful.Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with project managers, user experience leads, QA leads and technical leads to analyze user needs and business requirements
- Design and implement features using iOS, Brightcove and other SDKs
- Integrate with RESTful and GraphQL APIs using well known SDKs/libraries
- Collaborate with other team members, participating in Scrum meetings, design discussions and team code reviews
Working at Brightcove
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and supporting iOS / macOS applications
- 2+ years working with Swift (preferably including 5.0+). Strong experience with debugging tools
- Intimate experience with several iOS SDKs such as UIKit, Core Animation, AVFoundation & Core Graphics
- Experience using non-Apple libraries, e.g. AlamoFire, Moya, RxSwift, Realm or other open source libraries
- Experience writing multi-threaded/asynchronous code; solid understanding of threading in iOS applications
- Familiarity with cloud development environments, including API design and integration
- Understanding of continuous integration process and unit testing
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Comfortable using git as source control
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- Comfortable mentoring junior developers
- Experience implementing robust testing frameworks
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related fields required
- Advanced degree in similar fields a plus
- Experience building applications on tvOS is a plus.
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company's success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
Brightcove Inc. is headquartered in Boston with offices in New York, London, LA, Guadalajara, Funchal, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, Mumbai and Chennai. This position is located in our Chennai office.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion,national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.