What's the role?
SUMMARY OF JOB (Summarize most important responsibilities of position; 2-3 sentences)
IT Test Engineer I is responsible for developing, maintaining and executing test automation scripts for in-scope applications. Analysis of existing testing tools / frameworks / processes and identifying improvement opportunities within the same. This role involves many cross-functional communication and co-ordination. Also responsible for Manual testing activities and tasks. He/She will support the analysis, design, implementation and execution of the test cases, test procedures and test suites. This position is under the direct supervision of a IT Test Engineering Team Lead and will be mentored on a regular basis.Responsibilities
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions â list in order of importance)
Environment (I.E. DEGREE OF SUPERVISION / INDEPENDENCE; CREATIVITY / FOLLOWING PROCEDURES)
- Analyzing user stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Participate in all QA activities within the product development life cycle for multi-platform product (Web, Android, iOS)
- In depth understanding of domain Specifications along with Technical knowledge for location services tools and processes
- Collaborate closely with other team members and departments globally
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Design and develop automation scripts with various test automation tools like Selenium and Robot Framework
- Design well-structured, test cases with comprehensive coverage and end to end flow
- Execute end to end tests; identifying, debugging, reporting the issues; verifying the issues when they are fixed
- Build automation libraries supporting the test automation tool / framework with the objective to improve the testing process
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
- Evolve QA processes and quality standards together with the team
- Apply quality engineering principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Think like user of the product, give feedback, and contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to conduct trainings and share knowledge
- Detail orientation with strong process-oriented skills and a focus on deadline achievement
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills with demonstrated agility for quick learning
- Planning and co-ordination of testing activities
- Collaborate with cross functional groups including Software Development, Operations Engineering, Software Launch and Software users to create and execute test matrices (test scenarios and test cases) based on software requirements and tool functionality
Work must be carried out adhering to the organizational best practices.
Degree of supervision provided to the candidate will be minimal for tasks related to testing of software applications. Candidate will be working in a team and will be required to use his/her knowledge for building testing solutions for in-scope applications. Requires supervision and coaching from SLM or peers .Scope (i.e. indivudal contributor vs. Supervisory ResponSIbilities; number of direct reports and TiTLES OF DIRECT REPORTS, IF applicable)
You are a team-player who collaborates with developers, designers, testers, and product manager to create an amazing user experience. You have experience with all aspects of the production software lifecycle. You have good interpersonal skills and feel comfortable coordinating efforts across teams. You are a fast learner, with an eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills. Completely responsible for testing of a group of tools as individual contributor.Impact DECISION MAKING ( I.E. MOST TYPICAL DECISIONs MADE; AMt. OF BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY, key accountabilities, ETC.)
Gathers relevant information to support problem solving and decision-making.
Decisions taken will affect the deliverables for GCO Testing team. i.e. test execution cycle outcome, test metrices, overall product quality which is being tested by the team. Accountable for quality and accuracy of own tasks. Errors may have impact on own team.Who are you?
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM EDUCATION, AMT. & TYPE OF WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB COMPETENTLY)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (IF APPLICABLE, US ONLY)
- Bachelorâs degree (3/4 years - professional college: Technical / Engineering streams) with major/minor in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science/ Engineering or related science/technology field
- 3+ Years of industry experience in various a test automation on web (any of Cypress, Selenium) mobile testing framework (Any of Cucumber, Espresso, XCTest, Appium etc.) is required and extensive experience in Quality Assurance roles
- Very good knowledge of web and mobile app (Android/iOS) testing
- Experience with debugging using developer tools on Web; device logs on mobile phones
- Hands on experience on Java with Eclipse and Maven is required
- Experience in any programming or scripting language viz. Java, Python, Perl, Shell Scripting is required
- Experience with location-based applications is a big plus
- Previous working experience on high quality cross platform consumer software
- Proficient knowledge of API testing tools such as Postman
- (Good to have) Knowledge about pipelines, building the code locally and run/test in local environment
- Desired testing certifications viz. ISTQB, CSTE, CP-BAT, CP-MAT, CP-SAT etc.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE .