Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that literally make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesYour day in the role will include: As a full stack developer you will collocated team with counter parts and leaders located in US, Mexico, Germany, Czech Republic and China to be part of an Agile team that will revolutionized the Asset Management Industry, move our enterprise applications, to the Cloud, implementing Microservices, APIs economy, Cognitive and Analytics capabilitiesYour day in the role will include... We are Tools group in India GCIC. You would develop tools for our GTS customers.
How we’ll help you grow:
- As a part of technical leadership team our full stack developers will drive and own the development, support and deployment of our architectural, Cognitive, Cloud, Data and Application solutions for Asset Management
- Understanding our Enterprise Asset Management E2E services and deploying in x-functional team our comp. architecture and micro services with development skills and critical thinking
- Using top market technologies and standards such as Clean code, Rest APIs, test driven development and containers
- Locally the figures should help our services delivery team automate, support and improve operation based on thought leadership and application architecture, Supporting the services of our services lines and Geographies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical training courses and become the expert you want to be.
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field
- You’ll have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience in Java based Enterprise Web Application Development
- Good Knowledge in databases (DB2) and scripting languages (Preferred Perl scripting)
- Full Stack Development, Clean Code and Conitnual Integration Development
About Business Unit
- Exposure to Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins),Continuous Delivery (maybe DevOps),Docker (Nice to have but not mandatory)
- Possess advanced knowledge of object-oriented design and development (OOA/OOD),J2EE framework and data architectures; Experience with Agile methodology, experience building large, scalable E-commerce applications, Configuration management tools (SVN, Git),Unit testing (JUnit),Build automation tools (Ant, Maven),API design experience, Docker, Kafka
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures),and global financing.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.